Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Alex!

Alex's Birthday is on Christmas Day, so it tends to be overshadowed by other festivities. That's and understatement! So we waited until the beginning of January to have his birthday party. I decided to do it in Disney's Cars theme. It had been one of his favorite movies all year. I put most of my effort into the cake. I've never really decorated a complicated cake before, but I wanted a car cake. I think it came out pretty good, and I can't wait to try another one.

Alex did a good job of blowing out his candles and being a pretty good birthday boy. He had a bunch of his friends there; Andrew and Eliza , Jon and Robby, Tre and Clayton, and Aspen and Cameron. I think every one's favorite part was the pinata. I took a cardboard pyramid and cut a trap door in the bottom. I put 25 or so ribbons coming out the door with only one attached. All the kids got to pull ribbon out until one of them opened the door and candy came flooding out.


I know how much Alex loves balloons so I made sure he had a big bunch of balloons at his birthday party. When he had a hold of all of them, we were afraid he might float away! Happy Birthday my baby boy, I can't believe you are already two years old.

No comments: