Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

I grew up with the eggs and Easter bunny all coming on Saturday. It was my mom's way of keeping the spiritual purpose of Easter separate from the commercial. I've decided to carry on that tradition. Alex had so much fun decorating his eggs.

>

He saw the coloring supplies several days before and had been asking to color eggs a couple times a day since. Our friend, Max, was here to help us with the festivities as well. Alex loves Max, and asks about him every so often. Easter Saturday morning Alex woke up to find his Easter basket. I thought I'd done a good job about keeping the candy to a minimum, but then I watched him empty all his eggs of goodies and I got him a lot more candy then I thought I had. He loved it. Meanwhile, Daddy and Max were outside hiding eggs. Alex is only just two, but those two men hid eggs like there were teenagers coming over. There were a few way over his head, and hidden in bushes.


He did manage to find most of them without help. About halfway though the egg hunt, we realized that the "Easter Bunny" had hid the wrong set of eggs. We colored some hard boiled and some raw eggs. I'm not going to eat all those hard boiled, so why cook them. We only had one casualty when Alex dropped his basket. Annie preferred to sit in the grass and suck on a plastic egg. Next year I'm sure she'll like it more.
About an hour later, the primary was having their activity. The week before I had given an family home evening on the real meaning of Easter. When Sister Riggs gave her lesson on the meaning of Easter, my kids (meaning the Lutz and the Snow kids) knew all the answers. It made me want to do FHE every week. I was so proud. Then the kids played some games while the leaders hid eggs outside.


They had a special little area just for the nursery kids. Alex had already done found eggs that morning so he knew just what to do. He had his basket filled in no time. Then he and Andrew sat down together and ate some of their candy together.

I love it that my little boy has such a good friend. Annie didn't get to participate in Easter too much, but the next day she was so pretty in her Easter dress.

I had found the dress last year before I even knew she was going to be a girl. Alex had a cute suit on too, but he would be cooperative enough to let me take a picture.
Aunt Erica had lent us a pair of bunny ears just for Annie. Annie didn't like them one bit, but they were so cute on her.

We had such a fun Easter this year!

No comments: