Monday, January 11, 2010

Alex 4 Year Check Up

All morning I had to ask over and over again, "Pick up your room, pick up your clothes, pick up your books. Alex, please listen the first time." And then the second we walked into the doctor's office, he turned into the model child. He listened to the nurse as she did his ear exam and yelled, "beep" every time he heard it (proving that there really isn't cotton in his ears!). He told her all the letters on the eye chart and sat still to get his blood pressure. He answered the doctor's questions and wrote his name and copied the shapes she drew for him. He sat still for his shots and didn't cry at all. The nurse said he was the most well behaved 4 year old she'd seen in a long time. Well, I guess if I get to have an angelic child at home or in public... I'll choose public. Not that he's a difficult four year old to have, he's just like every other four year old who doesn't often listen. I am proud of him for being so good, and we got some ice cream after wards since he had to get some shots. His new stats... he's now 38 inches tall and 32 lbs. That puts him in the 10th percentile for both. He's a little guy, and I think the doctor said he has constitutional growth delay which Shaun and all his brother's have. It's a fancy term for being short for your whole childhood and then quickly catching up with everyone else in your teens. The only thing the doctor told us to improve on was teaching Alex his address and how to hold a pen correctly. I think we can handle that.

2 comments:

E said...

UUUMMM yeah, you need to teach him his address becuase he really isn't smart enough! Seriously, I guess they have to give you a few pointers, but Alex is definately teh smartest 4 year old I know!!! ( I can say that for the next 2 months, then I have to carefully word what I say:)

Grandma Lutz said...

It's called 'selective deafness"! And he's growing on the exact path that his father did! 10th percentile...forever! Well at least until 10th grade - now look at him.
I'm proud of you Alex - your such a great big brother, so very smart, and the sweetest grandson a grandma could ask for :)