Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snapped

My house is a disaster area. There are dirty clothes and toys scattered everywhere. I haven't cleaned my bathrooms in weeks and though I swept and mopped the kitchen floor only two days ago, it looks like it's been a month. I haven't felt good this week at all and I'm tired, and when I don't feel good the kids get away with more and they know they do so a bad cycle starts in which they think they can ignore whatever I say. So I grabbed the vacuum cleaner and yelled threats to my family to pick up their stuff or have it thrown away ("I AM NOT THE MAID!") or vacuumed up... but then I'm lazy when I put the vacuum cleaner away in the first place so it's hard to untangle the mess of cords that falls around the vacuum in the storing process. So as I untangle the vacuum, the cord hits me in the face and I snap. I kick the vacuum (hurting my bare foot) and then slam it on the ground... yes, I threw a full fledged 3 year old temper tantrum... and then I marched down to my room to cry about it for a few minutes. Well, the tears definitely helped me feel better. And I guess when the family sees Mommy go postal on a vacuum cleaner, they realize they are next, so suddenly I had a couple very willing helping hands.
Now, a few hours later, my living room is picked up and vacuumed safely, the kitchen is getting better, the kids are sleeping and I've found some new motivation to clean the bathrooms...tomorrow.

5 comments:

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

At least you took it out on your vaccum and not your kids:) My lazy week is catching up with me - and we have dinner guest coming over tonight!

Jones said...

Totally been there! At least it's kind of funny in retrospect, right:)

out numbered said...

It happens to all of us. When Rickey gets home from work (most nights) I tell him that I am done being a mom for the day. Kids go to bed and I officially retire for the night. Sometimes I wish it could be longer than a night and I especially wish the house cleaned itself!

E said...

That is too funny--I went postal on a pile of laundry today that I had folded 3 times already!!! It took me having an emotional breakdown on teh couch to get a response. Glad we both had a cry fest today:)We definately can chat it up tomorrow

simplyso said...

And from an older mommy....we went postal in the dark ages too!!! Amazingly, it had the same effect on the kids. I think it scares them to see their "rock" so out of control. Oh well.