Monday, February 1, 2010

Poor Annie... Knows How to Play it Up

Poor Annie, this morning she was being difficult while I was trying to convince her to leave the restroom at Target. I was holding her hand kind of tugging her along with me when she decided to throw herself on the ground. On her way down I heard a pop... It sounded like her wrist to me, but from the last time she did this, the doctor says it's actually her shoulder. Immediately she started asking to go to the doctor. I don't get where the doctor request came from. Between the two of them we average about 1 sick doctor visit a year, if that. So now she's refusing to let go of that owie arm. And she convinced Alex that he needed to feed her lunch cause she couldn't do it. At least she knows how to make the most of a sore arm. And he would do anything for her so he was happy to help her.

UPDATE: About 30 seconds after the doctor popped her elbow back into place, Annie was just fine. It took her another 2 minutes to realize she didn't need to cradle her arm anymore.

4 comments:

V said...

Is she okay? Is it just theatrical? She looks so miserable in the first picture.
When I read the title "Poor Annie" I immediately thought "Oh Penny--we must've gotten your children sick--how could I have done this to you!" He seemed fine last night, then he puked from 1am to 7am....

simplyso said...

LOL!!! I have no doubt Annie was hurting...but she sure knows how to milk a situation!! I can see the satisfaction in those baby blues of hers!!! LOL That being said, I'm glad she's ok. And she's got a very compassionate big brother too.

Jones said...

I gave Liam "nurse-maid's elbow" about a month ago. Same kind of situation...I heard a pop. But he really was in serious pain. Luckily I was on the phone with my dad (a doctor) when it happened and he told me how to fix it. Liam was amazed at how I fixed his owie, and now he always wants me to call the doctor for instructions...

E said...

she looks so pitiful in those pictures:)