Friday, February 26, 2010

Tidbits

Annie and Alex have gotten into the habit of sitting down for dinner and thanking me for making dinner for them. I love it. Today Shaun came home and sat down for dinner, "Thank you for dinner, Dear." So Alex followed suit and said, Thanks for dinner, Dear." Shaun went on to explain that Dear was his name for me and not appropriate for Alex to call me that since I'm his parent.
About 10 minutes later Alex looks up from his dinner, "Thank you for dinner, Parent." Little smart alec.

Annie has learned how to spell her name. She walks around the house saying, "Annie... A-N-N-I-E."

After spending the weekend with my very pregnant sister and knowing that his Aunt Erica is equally as close to having another baby, Alex asked me today if I would make him 29 brothers and sisters... Ummmm, No, kiddo.

We don't have cable in our home. The TV is only for DVD's and video games. Aunt Sheri has cable and her son is pretty good at turning it on all by himself. Well, every so often the cable connection would falter slightly. After seeing a TV show "skip" Alex yelled, "Oh no, Mommy, the DVD is dirty!"

5 comments:

E said...

maybe 29 sisters--they are easier on the body:)

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

"Parent"! I am still laughing!

V said...

I LOVE this. Your kids are hilarious.

Kellie Miller said...

What, you don't want 29 kids? Come on...where is your sense of adventure?!

Dan and Sharon said...

Love it. what a sense of humor. We have to do a play date. sooooon.