I don't if it's watching "Monsters Inc" a few weeks ago or if it's Alex's imagination that is just developing more everyday, but about two weeks ago he started complaining that he was scare of a monster coming out of his closet. I so completely remember being scared of monsters. Truth be told, I'm still scared of monsters, but they are no longer slimy green men with glowing red eyes, now they take the form of baby snatchers and burglars. Anyway...back to Alex... the first thing that came to mind when he expressed his fear was to put the "magic stool" in front of the closet. I explained that if the closet is closed and the magic stool is in front of it, it's absolutely impossible for anything to open it from the inside. He believed me and went to sleep.
Tonight I was tucking them in for the first time in probably a week and Alex reminded me to put the stool in front of the closet door. I'd completely forgotten about the whole conversation we'd had, but he obviously hadn't. I'm glad he has such confidence in his parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment