Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Memory Lane

A friend/old coworker came by to visit today. It was fun to catch up and visit and hear all about the new developments at the hospital. It got me to thinking about the nights I spent at work. I don't miss it for the most part. I liked most of the people, but it was graveyard hours with doctors who thought that by calling every ten minutes they could magically change a 45 minute long test into a 5 minute one. Overall it was a good experience, but staying home with the kids is so much more fun and so much easier. However, every so often I do miss the work...not the supervisors or stress, but the actual tests. I like running type and screens and antibody work ups and further back, I like counting diffs, UAs, reading plates, and strep tests. The actual work I do miss. It was like a puzzle every time a specimen feel out of the tube system. I do hope that someday I can go back...very part time... and do it again.

No comments: