It's been kind of a tough day for Ben. I don't know what his problem is... maybe he's gassy...maybe he's diaper rash is bothering him... maybe he's just having an off day... whatever it is he has spent the day wanting to be held. And even then he's been restless. And because he's still so little, I caved to his little whimpers and held him all day long. That can really wear you out. Shaun had a brilliant idea to give him a bath. So even though I was spent and just done I was willing to try it. Ben didn't cry, but he protested through the hole thing and did his best to show his displeasure.
And then the magic moment.
I got him out of the tub and wrapped him up in a big thick towel and gave him a full body baby massage. The change was instant. Ben loved every second. He started to coo and make happy newborn baby noises. He looked up at me like I was the best mommy in the entire world. It did wonders for him and for me. After I got him dressed and swaddled my cute little man, he fell right to sleep. It was the perfect end to a very tiring day.
No comments:
Post a Comment