Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Finally, A Great Sprinkler

It's the first summer as a family that we've had a backyard...not even that, but a water hook up for the kids to have fun with. First we tried the pool, which was fun, but my kids wouldn't rinse their feet off before they got back in and they wouldn't swim if it got grass in it. And the pool killed the grass when it was left in a spot too long. I will definitely use it again, but for everyday sporadic thing, it's just not practical. So next I bought a water toy that shoots water out of wiggly worm looking things. My kids didn't get very wet cause they are the type who like predictability in their water, and this thing was totally unpredictable. So today I went to Walmart and bought a plain old lawn sprinkler. It was perfect. Annie and Alex could tell were the water was going and how fast, and it watered my lawn at the same time. I should have just got one of these in the very beginning. And, yes, my kids are in their underwear... it's less laundry for me then bathing suits or clothes.

1 comment:

simplyso said...

It always amazes me how the old fashioned stuff works so well. I enjoyed doing the same thing they are doing...50 years ago!

I sure miss the two of them though...