There isn't much for me to do to get ready for Baby Ben. The nursery has been set up since we moved here, I've pulled out Alex's old clothes, and we have just about everything else a baby could need. But lately I've been wondering if we should make the big switch from disposable to cloth diapers. It wasn't really and option with the first two kids cause I wasn't going to try to wash diapers in the laundromat. But I grew up in cloth diapers and I've know a few people who have loved them. And the diapers I'm looking are nothing like the ones I grew up wearing. I'm just about decided to make the switch... I'm still weighing my options.Pros: CHEAPER (this is really my big reason), better for the environment, supposedly better for baby, something different from the past (I'm guessing) 10,000 diapers I've changed, won't have to run out to buy diapers when I forget until the last moment, did I mention, cheaper,
Cons: Less convenient, more work on my part, more wear on my already aging washing machine,
I'll probably go with the bumgenius which I've heard great things about.
What are your experiences?
3 comments:
So what you can do is mainly do cloth and have disposable for going out. The do sell a rice liner that you can put into the diaper that can be flushed down the toilet, so you can just grab the rice liner then having to work poop on the cloth diaper.
But I have to say, I will most likely never do cloth, but good luck
I'm happy with BumGenius, going on 10 months now! Cheaper BY FAR!
I went with prefolds just because they are the cheapest by far. But we have two BumGenius' for babysitters. And they have worked really well for us. I picked them specifically because they are size adjustable.
Post a Comment