Sunday, November 21, 2010

Not an Announcement

When Ben was still just a thought we started discussing names. Benjamin had been decided years earlier, but just in case I was wrong about having a boy, we discussed some girl names as well. If I had a girl today I would want to name her Taylor. I'm not good at keeping secrets from my kids so Annie and Alex are aware of my name preference. Well when it was indeed Ben who was on his way, Annie decided that our next baby would be the girl she'd been waiting for would be next. The day after we brought Ben home from the hospital, Annie started asking if Taylor was in my tummy yet... which she's not. So I had to laugh when Annie came out of nursery today with a thankful hat. Each feather says what she's thankful for... Mommy, Daddy, Alex, Ben, and Taylor. She insists that Taylor is a girl and not a boy. "Heavenly Father gave us boy, girl, boy, and next will be a girl." For her sake, I hope she's right.

1 comment:

Anica said...

That is so cute! My daughter tells everyone she has a sister! (Not an announcement either!)