Friday, December 12, 2008

National Tree Tradition

Every year the Lutz and the Snow kids get together and open the presents from each other a little earlier then Christmas and we travel down to see the National Tree together. Even though the Snow family has moved away, we still kept to tradition this year. Alex got clothes which didn't excite him, but Andrew got two lightsabers so he and Alex got to spar with them. Annie got a dress up set and Eliza got a wooden dress up doll. Andrew, the smallest of them all, got the biggest present... a new walker which I'm sure he's going to need soon.
Then the next morning we were off to see the tree. I've never been really impressed with the National Tree. It's not very pretty, at least not during the day. But it is fun to see how the individual states decorated their trees and to make our yearly pilgrimage to the White House. The real reason I go is so that Alex can watch the 20 or so model trains that circle the tree. It was pretty cold that day and I didn't bring hats and gloves for my kids so we didn't get to watch the trains as long as Alex would have liked. I'm going to have to make another trip to the tree just for Alex.

2 comments:

V said...

The trees are such a fun, Christmassy idea! (We're going to steal your idea and go see them too!)

E said...

sorry your family picture looks a little blurry--guess I still need a few more lessons from you:) Miss you already!