Thursday, December 4, 2008

A New Leaf

My Alex has been a superb flier from day one. I love taking him on planes with me. Annie, on the other hand, has tried my patience in the big blue sky. She's been on around 15 flights and she's screamed through all of them. I've wanted to throw her out the window. So understandably I was really nervous about our flight down to Florida. A really great mom with kids at home the same age as mine offered to give up her seat in our row and go sit in the back so I had the row to myself. And then a miracle happened. Alex closed his eyes and fell asleep before the plane took off, and Annie stayed content with her Baby Einstein movie for over half the flight. No screaming or crying, she just sat and watched her movie and ate her snacks. She got bored with it half way through and started tormenting Alex, but true to whatever magical powers land on Alex's head the moment he steps on a plane, he didn't react to her tormenting. Maybe she's turning a new leaf and she'll be good on flights every once in a while. But whether she'll fly good from now on or not, we were happy to land in Orlando and enjoy some 70 degree weather for a week!

1 comment:

V said...

Flights are SO HARD WITH KIDS! When Bradshaw was a baby he was a good flier. Now that he can walk he wants to be anywhere but in his seat and screams nonstop if I hold him back.
A few months ago I was on a plane with Bradshaw (middle seat, Bradshaw on my lap, neither armrest..ugh) and all of the sudden he scrunches up his face (I realize what is about to happen and I pull him towards me) then he vomits all over me. Luckily, it didn't splatter on any of my row-mates. I immediately excused myself to the bathroom leaving drips all down the aisle. Just as I was wringing my hair out (yes, the vomiting was that bad) he did it again.
Ugh flights.