Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

The day after Thanksgiving we decided it was high time we got the house decorated for Christmas. Alex and Annie helped me pull out all the snowmen and scatter them on every bit of shelf available. We got out the tree and covered it with lights before pulling out boxes of Christmas ornaments. I let Annie and Alex decorated it all by themselves...well, yes, after they went to bed, I moved all the ornaments...but they loved doing it all by themselves none the less.

I love Christmas, it's my favorite time of year. Annie and Alex are old enough to understand the Christmas story and they ask for it every night before they go to bed. I love teaching them the true meaning of Christmas in between the presents and the lights. It makes the Christmas season that much more fun.

1 comment:

E said...

What was it like not to have to move furniture to put up the tree? Heavenly? so jealous!!!!