In an effort to explain to my kids that Halloween is over and now we are on to thanksgiving season, I decided to talk to them about what it meant to be thankful. This discussion lasted for about thirty seconds and then they were bored out of their mind. So in a flash of inspiration we made a Thankful Chain. Once it involved stapling papers together in a big chain, they were excited to tell me everything they were thankful for... and a few of those things surprised me.

Mommy and Daddy
scriptures
body
water
earth
cars
being careful
popcorn and sunbeam song
internet
TV
Bradshaw
Jesus died and came back to life
pumpkins
That I got to say I came to earth as part of a family at church
family*
Heavenly Father
candy
church*
house*
trains
books
Aunt Erica and Uncle Rick and Eliza, Andrew, and Isaac
Holy Ghost
Singing
sign language
Love*
food*
sisters
movies
(*Mommy prompted)
2 comments:
ok, just glad we ended up on there with no prompting--I will call on my way to birth circle so we can know where to meet!
Awesome idea!!!
Post a Comment