Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Our Busy Week

We have had a very busy week this week. First we went to the Manassas Train Festival. This was obviously mostly for Alex, but all the kids had fun. They looked at giant Lego Train displays, rode on the VRE for a half hour, and jumped on a moon bounce.But for the hot day that is was, all of our favorite things were the snow cones and cotton candy. I was impressed with how cheap it was so everyone got their own...including the mommy. We found a shady spot and took a much needed cool down. The next day, Alex gave his first talk. For having a mom that is so shy in front of a crowd, Alex LOVES it. He's always asking me if it is his turn to speak at church yet. He got up confidently and recited his little talk. So cute.
But then disaster struck... somewhere we contracted pinkeye and Annie and Alex had nasty goopy crap coming out of their eyes. A trip to the pediatrician confirmed it and also found an ear infection in Annie. Great. We also weighed in the kids. Alex is 32 lbs and Annie is 29 lbs. She's catching up to him quickly. With some antibiotics they were feeling much better the next day.
A few days later we headed to Chuck E Cheese. I still can't believe I took them. It was the same morning that I discovered the hose had been left on for a whole day and flooded the back yard (I'm more mad about the potential water bill then the flooding) and they had destroyed the bedroom the night before by pulling everything out of the closet. BUT, I had promised them days before that if the bedroom and the playroom were spotless, I would take them and they did their part. Why do they always think they are entitled to Mommy help in cleaning up huge messes I didn't make? And, of course, they had a blast at Chuck E Cheese. Their favorite ride was a virtual roller coaster. Andrew discovered it and once he showed it to Alex and Annie, they were all hooked.
I love the Seen On TV display that showed their cute faces.And no trip to Chuck E Cheese is complete without a trip to the sketcher station. Andrew is excited to go home tomorrow and see his mom (though he thinks the exchange is going down in Florida) and we'll miss him here, especially Alex who is getting used to having a boy playmate around 24/7. Luckily we're off the grandma's house next week to have some more fun.

2 comments:

E said...

Did my son wear man capris to CEC? that is what it looks like in that pic of the roller coaster. Thank you again for taking him--he had a blast!!! I will be expecting phone calls tomorrow since you will be in the car all day! love you!

pennylutz said...

Nope, Andrew insisted on wearing pants to CEC. I think they are just a little hiked up in this picture :)