Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Morning Out

Shaun had a doctor's appointment and needed a ride to work, and since we were already going to be out, we might as well make a morning out of it. By the time we got through DC's traffic it was lunch time so Alex, Annie, Leah, and I headed to Olive Garden. I got some exasperated looks on my way in from some business people who I'm sure were expecting a zoo and I know they had to eat their thoughts cause all three of them did great. They stayed in their seats and kept their voices down. The waiter tried to charge me $3.50 for the half bread stick Leah ate...yeah right, I made them take that off.
Then we all headed to Target to pick up our month's supply of cereal. I love Target brand cereal. I got fussed at twice for letting Annie and Alex hang on the end of the cart...really? Well, instead I let Leah sit in the child seat and Annie and Alex sat on the adult push bar in front of her...much safer right?! ;)
What I love more than anything about outings are all the questions that come from the kiddos. Annie and Alex have the funniest conversations between the two of them and it's priceless to hear what they talk about.

2 comments:

E said...

What is it about target shoppers that they think they can parent better than you....remember hte lady who yelled at me for spanking andrew for hanging on the end of the bar in teh toddler seat--I am sure she would have thought I was a REALLy bad mom had he fallen and split his head open?!?!?! Keep your thoughts too yourselves people--Especially if you aren't or have never been in my shoes!!!!

Kellie Miller said...

My first thought in reading this was, wow she is gutsy for taking 3 kids out to run errands. And then reality set it, wait that is me!

Love you!