



After that we had a wild life lesson. We stumbled upon a robin's nest in the backyard. By lifting Alex up on our shoulders he could peer inside the nest... three little blue eggs. The mom wasn't happy about our invading her space. We explained to Alex and Annie the obvious about a mother's protective instincts over her babies. Then we learned how to make foil dinners. I've been making these as a kid, but my neighbor suggested putting butter in the foil and it made it that much better. We cooked them in the oven and not in a fire, and they were delicious.
When it got dark it was time for bed. It was luxury camping. Annie and Alex slept on toddler mattresses and Shaun had a blow up one. I'll admit that at about 6 months pregnant, I slept in my air conditioned house on my nice soft bed with 5 pillows. But Shaun said the kids fell right to sleep looking at the stars and the few fireflies we have so far.
2 comments:
How fun!! And I can't blame you in the least for sleeping in your bed, with 5 pillows and air conditioning!! But what great memories...
How fun for EVERYONE! Was Alex really sharing the contours of his tongue with us in one of those pictures?! What a cute family you have.
Post a Comment