Monday, May 10, 2010

Officially Baby Benjamin

Two days ago I started to panic a little bit. I knew my 20 week anatomy ultrasound was coming up but I'd been so concerned about confirming the sex of my baby that I hadn't thought about what else they could find... three eyes, heart problems, or any number of other conditions that are found at this ultrasound. Needless to say I was very relieved when the ultrasound tech made no faces and didn't invite any doctors to come in for a second look. Everything looks fine. I was disappointed that I didn't get one good baby picture... well, I didn't get ANY baby pictures. I wanted one of those 3D pictures that everyone gets now, but Ben had other plans. He wiggled and flipped and turned over and kicked so much that the tech could not get anything. She attempted a few pictures for me but it didn't work. I'm sure it didn't help that I had waffles and syrup with a big glass of OJ for breakfast right before. The one time that he did cooperate was when she was looking for the thigh bone and he showed us that he was, indeed, a boy. He is now officially Baby Ben without a doubt! I'm excited to start going through Alex's old baby clothes and getting them washed and ready. I'm also excited to see his little face in a few months. Seeing the monitor and the very tiny beginnings of a personality finally made this whole thing real to me.

8 comments:

Erin said...

ahhh! Big sigh of relief all around. But you, momma, knew the whole time.

Bonnie said...

Great News! Sorry you didn't get any cool pictures:(

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

Congrats! I am glad that you got what you thought you were getting:)

millerjk said...

Congratulations...so excited for your family!

E said...

Yea rah--not htat we had any doubts. Maybe his personality will be active--maybe you are getting a drew;) Love you and call me today, I need to chat!

Jill said...

Congratulations! I'm glad it's official now.

V said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!
We can't wait for baby Ben. Hooray!

Anica said...

Congrats! How exciting!