Thursday, May 20, 2010
Strawberry Picking
This morning we decided to get out of the house and head over to Hartland Farms for some pick your own strawberries. The farm is a pretty good distance away but the drive was easy and really pretty so I think it was worth it. Watching the two of them working away was priceless, too. Alex took the whole thing very seriously. He didn't have the patience to stay with me for very long. He had strawberries to find and Annie and I were just too slow for him. For the most part I let him go off on his own.
Annie loved picking them too, but she wasn't as sure of herself. She checked with me each time before picking one. I appreciated that since it took her half the trip to figure out which ones she should pick... I'm pretty picky. 
Annie's proof that I was actually with them. She loves to take the camera from me these days and take her own pictures.
After an hour or so Annie was done picking and so she sat and did some quality control on half her strawberries. The kind we picked are small, but extremely sweet. Annie and Alex's hands maybe permanently stained red from all the strawberry juice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It always amazes me what my children remember from childhood. Things that I carefully planned are barely recalled but little outings shine like beacons! They sure look intense focused on their tasks!
Post a Comment