My Alex couldn't be more like my husband if Shaun had cloned himself. Aside from just looking like his daddy, he has his (and his families) facial expressions, mannerisms, and little way of doing things. I've been wondering if there's much of me in him at all. But I think I've found it. I don't know how scientific I would consider myself, but I did get my degree in microbiology and I've always loved the biological sciences and most of chemistry... I think I could do without physics though. Alex seems to have inherited this love of science. There's not a day that goes by...and sometimes not an hour... that he doesn't ask some question.
How does electricity work? What does this food do for my body? How does the sun move across the sky? How does a train use water to make it work? Why does it rain? What are viruses? How do I get better when I'm sick? How does the sun give me a sunburn and how does sunscreen stop it? Why can't I grow a baby when I get big? How do babies get out of a mommy's uterus (yes, he knows what his word means)? Why do things float in outer space?
I love the questions. It gives me a chance to actually use some of the stuff I learned in college, and I'm glad he wants to know how everything works. There have been some things he's asked that I really don't know the answer to and so the internet has been very useful. If I tell him that I don't know the answer, he asks me to look it up on the internet.
Well, he has a book with a picture on the cover of an earthquake and this has become his new question of the day. He's spent the last day asking why there are earthquakes and when they happen. When I directed him to Youtube, it started a whole need series. Why are there volcanoes instead of earthquakes at some plates, where are the plates near us, what happens when the lava comes out of the earth... and so on and so forth.
I hope he takes his curiosity and runs with it. Right now he says he wants to work with his daddy in DC, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a scientist instead.
1 comment:
LOL....Thats my grandson! My only claim to fame when I was four is that I knew you couldn't pass a car with a double yellow line! You GO Alex!
Post a Comment