Monday, August 23, 2010

Annie's First Trip to the Dentist

After watching Alex go to the dentist, Annie started begging for her turn, and since she's almost three, I figured it was probably time. She was such a big girl about it. As soon as the hygienist called her name she walked right past me and hopped up into her chair without being told. She waited patiently for everything to be ready.
Then she opened her mouth big so she could get her teeth cleaned.And she was happy to get her new toothbrush and "spit toothpaste."If I had to use one word to describe her whole visit it would be DIGNITY. She acted like she was too mature to get excited about it all. She did everything she was asked with an air of complete confidence about her. It wasn't until we got to the car that she wanted to tell me again everything that just happened to her like it was the most exciting thing she's ever done. She's even excited to have to go back next week to fill in a tiny cavity. Of course I thought it was all adorable. She's getting big so fast.

No comments: