Saturday, August 14, 2010

Philadephia

For all the time that we've lived on the east coast, Shaun and I hadn't been able to make it up to Philadelphia. Well, when some college friends (Alina and Curtis) moved to Jersey we decided to meet halfway...in Philly. It was so fun to see them. I can't believe that college was already 8 years ago. We went and saw the Liberty Bell...
Independence Hall...and had lunch of authentic Philly Cheesesteaks. I thought they were delicious!Alina has two daughters and it took the older 3 kids half the day to realize they could have fun playing together, but they did really well after that. They chased pigeons and circled lamp posts, climbed fences, and just played. So cute together.After torturing them with the adult site seeing that we wanted to do, we took them to a giant kids park. The Carousel was a big hit. Both the dad's were amazing and spent forever pushing their respective kids on the swings. We finished off with a big chocolate ice cream.
I'm glad it won't be another 8 years before we see them again! And I think next time we head up towards Philadelphia we'll have to spend a little more time there. I loved it.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Glad you had a good time!