Monday, August 2, 2010

FINISHED!!!

Being the brand new mommy of my baby Alex I was determined to document every second of his life in a scrapbook full of all his important events and firsts in life. I spent hours of his nap times cutting out cute embellishments and letters and making his scrapbook perfect. A year into his life I burnt out. Who has time to scrapbook and run after a toddler? I left his scrapbook undone for the second half of his life...I only make baby scrapbooks for their first two years. And it was like an annoying buzzing in my head. I knew I needed to get it done and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Here's a few pages from his book.Then Annie got here and I got a little bit smarter. Instead of trying to make lots of cute individual pages with her whole life on them, I made the same page...24 times...one for each month of her first two years. Once a month I had to sit and write a quarter page summery of her experiences and firsts for the month and then print some pictures and I was done. It was so much easier! Can you guess what kind of book Ben is going to get?
So I've been working hard to get Alex's book done. I choose a good hand full of pictures and though the second half of his book isn't nearly as fun or unique as the first half... mostly I glued pictures down with a short summery underneath, it's DONE! The annoying buzz that has been sitting in the back of my brain for the last three years is finally gone! Only about a dozen more projects left to finish up before the end of September and I will be officially caught up. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

V said...

these are awesome. You are so talented! Thank you for sending me the framework for Ben's. I've been filling it out for Olivia this summer and it brings me so much joy.

It's almost Ben's birthday month!

out numbered said...

Yeah for you!! I finally finished Brady's first year. I feel bad his isn't a scrapbook, like Tre and Clay's. I did a photobook through shutterfly, but I finished it and ordered it today. Now he will have a book and pictures of himself to look at too.

PS I didn't realize that Alex was a chubby baby. ;)So cute!