Saturday, November 29, 2008
Handel's Messiah
I think music is very important and I have so much fun teaching my kids new songs and I love it even more when I hear them sing them back. I love to listen to it in the car and I crank it up when I'm cleaning. Music is a great educator and uplifter. I use it in my everyday life, but there is one piece of music that I could put in my stereo, turn up the volume, turn off the lights and just sit and listen to from beginning to end. I love Handel's Messiah. I was lucky enough to sing parts of it in stake choir in high school. I get completely caught up in it. If no other adults are home I belt it out as it plays. Annie and Alex think it's pretty funny. It's the piece of Christmas music that I don't wait for December to play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I didn't know you were a singer! Handel's Messiah is beautiful. Have you ever heard of the Forgotten Carols? Well they give a fictional background to Handel's Messiah and it's pretty powerful.
Don't misunderstand me, when I say I sing really loud, it's not good, it's just loud.
Post a Comment