This year's Thanksgiving was so much fun! My old BYU roommate drove down from Connecticut to celebrate the holiday with us. Annie and Alex took to her really fast and it was so fun to catch up on things. I decided to try out a bunch of new things this year. We decided to skip the easy Stove Top Stuffing and go with the homemade stuff. The kids liked helping Jill break up the bread into little pieces. They also served as tasters to make sure what we cooked was up to par. I didn't know what I was going to do for the turkey until that morning. My mom suggested using a
recipe by Alton Brown who she loves on Food Network. I will admit it turned out great! I don't know if it was the Butterball or the recipe, but I will being doing both again next year.

Even Alex who barely touches food most days ate it up. I love that kid. We sat down for dinner and before I would let him drink his sparkling cider, we went around and said what we were thankful for. His immediate response, "I'm thankful for Metros." As we all ate, he would come up with more things he was thankful for..."Mommy, Annie, Daddy, Jill, Big Turkeys, and airplanes." Now I'm not a gourmet cook, but Alex made me feel special. "Mommy, I love Thanksgiving! This is so yummy. Thank you Mommy. Thank you for making this food just for me. Thank you." He completely melted my heart.


She's so funny. I love this picture!
3 comments:
I am SO glad you gave Annie the leg--that makes me warm in my heart. I miss you guys so stinking much!@
I love the picture of Annie with the leg...classic!
You'll have to keep tabs on that picture of Annie! My mom has some "precious" photos like that... and she uses them for blackmail. "Clean your room now, or I'll send this picture to all your friends." "If you don't start/stop doing _______, then I'll put this picture out at your wedding reception." Oh wait, maybe next time she asks when I'll get married and give her more grandchildren I'll tell her I am too traumatized by the blackmail photo threats! :)
I'm glad you had a good holiday!
Post a Comment