Sunday, November 23, 2008

Poor Annie

While we were at church today Annie and I were walking together towards Sunday School. She decided she didn't want to go where I was going and pulled against my hand. I felt a pop. I didn't think much of it since my kids often pop, but apparently she actually hurt herself. She cried for the next hour and a half. She wouldn't use her wrist and kept pointing to it in tears. It's hard to be so helpless when you don't know what to do for your baby. A nap and a lunch later she seems to be feeling better, though she has a doctors appointment in about 20 minutes and we're going to go anyway. One side effect of her owie is her increased cuddliness. Shaun enjoyed the time he got to lay down with his little girl today.

Update: Of course, by the time we got to the doctor, Annie was feeling fine. The doctor said she had nursemaid elbow and that Annie had popped her arm back into place all by herself.

2 comments:

V said...

Good idea to do an update.

Poor Annie but at least you got such a bea-u-tiful picture from it. Shaun will be able to look at that picture and remember how sweet and cuddly his little girl is.

simplyso said...

I had a love/hate relationship with my kids' illnessess. I hated it when y'all felt bad, but I loved the gentleness and huggy time I got when you were sick. Guess I'm not alone!