Kind of sadly we left our winter wonderland and traveled south to Florida for the holidays...it wasn't until I got to Orlando that I remembered how incredible Florida winters are. Christmas day we had 70 degree, partly cloudy, breezy weather. Annie and Alex ran around outside in just shorts chasing their cousin Hunter around the yard and got completely dirty. Aunt Carley showed Annie the bunnies.

I still love the snow, but this was great. This year's Christmas Eve was one of the best ones I've had in years. As much as I love Christmas, the wonder and magic seem to lie with little kids, and ours did not disappoint. We told Alex that we'd open presents at 6:00 on the button and he watched the clock. Actually we told him when the hands on the clock were straight up and down. When 6 came around we were just taking care of some last minute things. Alex started to panic, "Mom, we're going to miss it! The hands won't be straight for much longer! Come quick and open presents!" Annie and Alex dug into their presents and were so excited about all of them. Alex exclaimed, Oh no!" after the ones that he really liked...we're guessing that's his version of, "no way!"


Annie loved her Aquadoodle and Aunt Carley taught her how to draw a smilely face.



Then Aunt Sheri (the only one of us who has a clue about make up) did Annie's nails and makeup. Annie did seem to know how to react to all the glamour, but afterwards she showed off her new nail polish and lip stick. Her Aunts love to dress her up.


After all the stockings were opened and put away, we lost no time in transistioning to our next big event. I made the same cake, per request, for the third year in a row and Alex blew out his candles. He loved being the center of attention for a little while. Happy Birthday Alex! It's been a fun four years.




No comments:
Post a Comment