Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ginger Bread Men

I don't like gingerbread. I think it's gross. I have the same feeling about sugar cookies. So when my kids started begging to make gingerbread men, I went in search of an alternative. Somewhere inspiration hit that i should use graham cracker dough instead. I found an easy recipe online and finally learned what graham crackers are made of. We got them mixed, rolled out, and cooked...and then the kids got to the part they love.
Is it wrong of me to think the gingerbread men look like their insides have exploded!?I thought the graham crackers came out pretty good but they both took a few bites of cookie and then were content licking off all the frosting they had just put on.

3 comments:

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

I think you got it right - very "Nightmare Before Halloween"!

millerjk said...

So so cute!!

Traci said...

Very artistic kids you have. You could probably sell one of those pieces of art. I'm also going to try out the graham cracker recipe some time.