An amazing artist friend of mine did me a favor and painted a picture of a huge train on the biggest prestretched canvas I could find. She called today to say that she finished it! I can't wait to see it. So we told Alex that Tiffany had painted him something very special that started with the letter T. (Anyone who knows Alex know that trains are his favorite things.) Well, he started guessing what she painted...,"Tortoise, Turtle, Taxi, Tree, Turkey... Really?! You didn't guess TRAIN!?
Don't let this adorable exterior fool you... she put me through the ringer today! It all started when I told her to do something or march to her bedroom. She looked at me with a smirk and calmly walked into her room for 15 minutes...only coming out when she decided she wanted to. I hear the spunk comes from my grandma.Also today we made snow globes. Unlike yesterday's activity, this one didn't go so well. First I found out I bought glitter that floats and so made for awful snow globe. The Internet said to use crushed egg shells instead so we made a last minute decision to make quiche for lunch and crushed some shells. Then the paint that we used on the lid started coming off with the water and I couldn't get rid of all the bubbles. Finally we got the jars to look OK, at least good enough for little kids... and Annie dropped one down the stairs. Then she dropped the other one (thank goodness this one didn't shatter) but the Ernie inside unstuck from the base and is now floating around the jar like the egg shells. So after some thought, I've decided that next time I'll take them to the dollar store and let them pick one out there!
2 comments:
Hey, no pictures of the mutant snowglobes?! Well, at least you got the angels:)
my second laugh out loud today. Dude I need to get here more often!
Post a Comment