The way that our house is situated, you can't quite see the television from Annie and Alex's bedroom doorway, but if you move over 4 feet to the neighboring bathroom doorway, you can see what's on TV and what the family is doing, but you are pretty hidden from who ever is sitting on the couch.
There are times... many times today... that the kids know they are supposed to be doing something in their room, cleaning, time out, quiet time, or whatever, but I'm watching a show they want to watch. So they stand right outside the bathroom where I can't see them, and when they do get caught they pretend they just need to use the potty... an action they know I won't punish. They have figured out that it can only be used once an event so my job as mommy is to catch them as quick as I can and send them back to bed.
1 comment:
Kids are too smart for their own good! Liam and Alex both use the bathroom excuse for being out of bed at night. Like you said, you cannot punish bathroom time.
Happpy St Patty's Day...are you having your Corned Beef??
Post a Comment