I haven't had much to blog. I sit on the couch all day and watch movies in a effort to make the morning (all day) sickness settle down. I haven't taken any pictures and we haven't really gone anywhere. I was really excited to hear this little guy's heart beat. It was a huge reassurance that I wasn't feeling this way for nothing. Yep, I think it's a boy. I had awful nausea with Alex and Annie's pregnancy was completely pain free, so I'm guessing this is a baby Ben. We'll have to see for sure in a few months. Annie and Alex have been really cute about the whole thing. They talk to my tummy and everyday they ask how big he is. We weren't planning on telling them anything in the beginning but Alex is too smart for his own good. The day before my first appointment he was asking me, "Mommy, you have a check up tomorrow? Like the one I had? Are they really checking for the baby in your tummy?" After that it seemed kind of pointless to try to hide it. And they have been great. Alex vacuums and both of them mop. For such little kids they really are picking up some of the slack.
Now having complained about feeling crappy for the last few months, I would like to pay tribute to other mom's out there. In all honesty, I haven't had it that bad. I've felt yucky and ALL food is completely unappealing, but it could be worse. I know moms with other kids who get sick multiple times a day and others that get sick so violently that they land in the hospital multiple times during their pregnancies, moms who pass multiple kidney stones (as if one's not bad enough), moms who have to deal with other stressful risks, moms who miscarry over and over, and those who find themselves unable to get pregnant at all. I thought a lot about those amazing women and how strong they are when I was dealing with my own relatively small trial, and it gave me some gratitude for the miracle of it all.

I am feeling a little better as the first trimester concludes. And it's amazing to me how quickly seeing a tiny little baby on the moniter can make all the discomfort not matter. Even at 12 weeks gestation, I could see our baby sucking on his little hand.
11 comments:
Woah. that ultrasound picture is amazing. He seems more grown-up than I thought he would be at this stage. We are SO EXCITED for you Shawn Alex and Annie.
aw man. I spelled Shaun's name the way Dustinn's uncle spells it. Shaun, I do know how U spell your name. Sorry.
I think he looks like me;) We are so cute...and must be related
Yay, Penny! I am so happy for you! I'm sure this little guy (or girl) will be just as cute as your other 2. When are you due?
I KNEW it! Congratulations!! We are so excited for you ;)
Congratulations!!! That is so awesome. Hope he eases up on you soon and gives you a break. :o)
He is precious...finally the thumb sucker you have always wanted!
So glad you are feeling better.
Can't wait to see you...in two short weeks!
Love you!
YEAH for you and your family. I am excited for you, I am sorry you have not been feeling well and hope it passes soon. I am so happy for you!!
Congrats, Penny!
Thumbsucking in utero is so darn cute! (of course most things that babies do is cute:)
Congrats!!! When is your due date?? Just a few more weeks until you find out for sure if you're having a boy or girl...or are you waiting until he/she is born?
wow! congratulations!!
i love your blog.
Post a Comment