My kids love the song, "Saturday is a Special day." But now if I tell Alex that it's time to clean up the playroom he responds, "Mommy, today is not a special day. Tuesday is a special day this week and it's only Monday. I'll have to do it tomorrow." Not that it works, I still make him clean it, but he sure does try.
When Annie sneezes it comes out all in one word, "aaaacchooblessyou." I told her, "bless you!" Her response, "Mommy, you don't bless me, I bless myself!"
Shaun: Alex you are four and a half! You need to stop throwing fits when you don't get your way.
Alex: I'm not four and a half, I haven't had my half birthday yet!
I can't handle the kid's temper fits. I know toddlers do it, but I don't have to listen to it. So when they start to throw a fit, I pick them up and put them in their room to let them finish it up. Now when Annie is going to throw a fit, she automatically runs to her room to throw it. Love it!
Alex has a bright future... as a pick pocket. I consider myself a pretty attentive parent so it shocks me every time he manages to snatch my phone, money, credit card, shopping list...etc. Just this morning I was talking to a friend when Alex made off with my cell phone. I didn't notice until 5 minutes later, and even my friend hadn't seen him do it. He's really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment