Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Annie!

I can't believe that my little baby Annie is already THREE! She's been watching the calendar carefully over the last few weeks just waiting for her special day to get here. She was completely spoiled the entire day. She picked out all her meals (even a happy meal which I never get them), got cake and ice cream, presents, and was overall pampered. I will say that it lead to a little bit of a diva attitude by the end of the day. She knew exactly what it meant to have it be her birthday. Here's a few pictures from today.A few things about my three year old...
-She loves babies... all babies...real or pretend. She has one baby doll in particular that she loves to take everywhere with her.
-Anything Alex can do, she can do just as well, thank you very much. Well, at least in her mind, but she works hard to keep up with him the best she can.
-She loves nursery but can't wait to start Primary next January.
-She loves good hygiene and bath time. That sounds funny I'm sure, but she loves to wash every body part in the bath and always cleans up after herself when she gets out. She has a routine with lotion and hair brushing that she's very particular about.
-She loves to talk on the phone, real or pretend. She'll have whole conversations with an imaginary person on the other line. As we were driving down the road yesterday she was talking to pretend grandma and Alex started to talk to her. "Alex, I'm on the phone. You need to wait until I'm done to talk to me. (two or three minutes later when she's done) Ok, Alex, I'm done with my phone call. If you need to talk to me, you can do it now." Geez... I can't imagine where she learned that.
-She's a girl through and through. She loves dresses and bows, babies and princesses, but she will also go and play in the backyard until every inch of her is caked in mud and dirt. I'm glad she has a balance.
-She can be a major drama queen.
When Annie was ready to come to our family, I was a little worried that she would mess up the perfect little family we already had established... I should have known better. She's been so fun and I can't imagine our lives without her. We love you Annie!

2 comments:

V said...

Happy 3rd Birthday girlie! We are glad you have such wonderful parents and brother who gave you such a fun day. I love the nurse picture, the pose with the shot crack me up. We love you Annie!

simplyso said...

LOL.....Val....that was a DOCTOR'S outfit!!!

Signed....Grandma!!! LOL