Monday, September 13, 2010
My Weird Children
I don't get it. Most kids yell all day that they don't want to go to the doctors...more specifically, they don't want shots. Mine on the other hand were so excited to go. Annie's appointment wasn't until 3:30 so all day they asked if it was time to go to the doctor's yet. They kept asking how many shots they were going to get and Annie wanted to have her heart listened to and her ears looked at and she was really excited about getting her blood pressure checked. Finally 3:30 rolled around. The two of them acted like we were going to Disney or something. We saw the doctored who said Annie was right on track. Thirty one lbs and 36.5 inches tall... right in the 30% for both. She did great. When the nurse came in with an MMR for both of them and a prevnar for Annie, Alex was upset that he only got one shot when Annie got two. What?! Really?! What kind of weird kids am I raising. I had told them them that shots hurt but I don't think they had listened to a word I had said. Alex wanted to go first. He sat on my lap and talked about how he wouldn't cry. And then I got the most betrayed look when they actually stuck him. Like he was surprised it hurt. I told them it would. He didn't cry though. He just kept telling me over and over how brave he was. He did really well. Then even after seeing Alex's reaction, Annie decided she didn't need to sit with me for hers. The first time the nurse stuck her in the arm she started to whimper and then the second one led to a full out cry. Poor girl, I'm not sure what she expected either, but she got lots of hugs from me and assurances that it's OK to cry. Now I wouldn't think my kids were still to strange, but I on the way home Alex asked if he could have 4 shots when he went in for his birthday. Weird kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, that is totally incredible. By the way, what shots are you getting Penny? Mine hurt! haha
Has Alex been talking to Tyler. Tyler just got 4 shots and he was pretty proud about not crying! Kids sure are funny.
Post a Comment