I know I've mentioned before that Alex LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine. This week is a very special Thomas week. On Friday we are going to Day Out with Thomas up in Baltimore. He doesn't completely understand what that means, but he is excited to go and ride "AnnieClarabel." Shaun's mom has told me stories about Shaun as a kid. Apparently he would line up all his pocket cars, end to end, and they would form a sort of one lane traffic jam through the house. Obviously Alex is his kid, because he does the same thing. Today he lined them all up and I got him to tell me who they all are. I never thought I would know who most of the Thomas characters are. As I mentioned, I buy the trains on sale. I have a bunch in my room. I have no idea when I'll give them to him, but they are there when I do. Alex hates getting a haircut, but I tortured him with just that this morning. Surprisingly enough, he was really good and sat still for most of it. So I decided to reward the behavior and I got out of my bedroom a newly acquired Harvey train. Alex has seen me go into my room once before and emerge with a train. So he goes running into my room calling for Cranky. He really wants a Cranky and I guess he now thinks that trains magically appear in mommy's room. It took me a few minutes to explain that there was no Cranky in my room. He was still excited to get a new train, and for today, Harvey is his favorite train.
1 comment:
Our boys would be best friends if we lived closer. My son is the biggest Thomas fan also and I know all the characters (well, except the newer ones like Sir Handel and Diesel 10, oh, wait, I guess I know those ones too...)
Post a Comment