
My husband is in the world of finance, and honestly I'm kind of a shopaholic, so it should come as no surprise that Alex is starting to want money for things. It all started last week when I got him a Harold the Helicopter. Each Thomas the Tank Engine Friend comes with this fun little paper that shows you all the other trains you could ever get. Alex tends to walk around the house with this paper for 2 or 3 days after he gets a new train. This week he's studying it as usual, but now he comes to me and tells me he wants to go buy Gordon and the Express Engines. For you that are lucky enough not to be well acquainted with the Thomas Enterprise, if I were to go to Toys R Us today and buy those two things, it would ring me up about $40. So I told him that if he wanted them he could earn some money and go buy it himself. Ever since he's been asking to earn money. Well, what do you have a two year old do to earn money? I'm a firm believer that there are things you do because you are a member of the family (thanks Mom). His "chores" are setting the table, fetching diapers and throwing them away, cleaning up his toys, and helping daddy unload the dishwasher. He's not getting paid for those things. So yesterday he earned 10 cents by washing the sliding glass door and vacuuming under the couch cushions, and I made him do it right for the nickel. I made him a chart and when he earns 30 nickels, we'll go get that new train. If anyone else has suggestions on what he can do to earn money, I am all ears.


Yesterday Annie started to finally crawl on all fours. For about a month now she's been slithering around on her stomach. It instills a great deal of confidence when your baby slithers her way across your kitchen floor and you realize how badly you need to mop based on the condition of her cloths now. But, hooray, she is on her knees. I am going to have to keep her out of dresses for awhile, because she just can't crawl in them. I'll get pictures of her crawling when I can, but until then, her's some of just her.
1 comment:
I love the pictures of Annie...so cute!!
Post a Comment