Saturday, July 18, 2009

Berry Picking

Today we drove by ten miles of the most gorgeous homes on the way to Homestead Farms to pick blackberries and peaches. The kids did really well at picking out only the black berries. I was impressed that they didn't eat the fruit, just picked it and put it in their basket. We ended up with 5 lbs of berries which I'm excited to put in ice cream/yogurt/milkshakes... I'm glad the kids got a chance to really see where food comes from and how it's harvested. I think we'll start to frequent farms more often so they can see the fruits and veggies of every season.

2 comments:

simplyso said...

What a cool activity! I love anything that connects them to the land in a positive way and there's nothing better than fresh blackberries!!

V said...

I love how the light is shining through the leaves.