Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Book Worm

I have a good friend that has genius children. Both her kids where reading chapter books before kindergarten and continue to excel in that department. I asked her today what her secret was, how she taught those boys to read so quick. Her reply was simple, she reads to them all the time.

My kids love to read and do it all the time, but I should probably take the time to read to them even more often. Alex memorizes books and pretends to read them. Well, Annie has hit a new phase/stage in her development. She's obsessed with books. She wants to go the library everyday and then sleeps with the book I let her check out. I love to see her sit on the couch with a stack of books. And I had to smile when I saw her reading to Baby Leah today.

No comments: