In college I had a room mate that taught me how to make fresh homemade salsa. Though I didn't end up liking her very much, I am thankful that she left me with this recipe. I've altered it over the years little by little; the current recipe is:2 or 3 big beef tomatoes
1 vidalia or sweet onion
whole bunch of cilantro
garlic salt to taste
little bit of chili powder
tiny bit of crushed red pepper
Cut it all up and stir it together and leave it overnight.
The kids and I can eat 4 cups of it in an afternoon. I know... that's a lot. But we love it. Annie especially. She's a girl after my own heart. She likes to tomatoes the best, but she ends up eating a good handful of raw onions. I hope she and I are still talking and laughing over a bowl of salsa when she's a teenager.
2 comments:
Love the pictures! And I look forward to trying the recipe. I have not found a good salsa here in malta, so when I get back from my little trip we will be making salsa.
Love you!
Bradshaw will eat bowls of pico de gallo so I can't wait for us to try this. Yum!
Post a Comment