Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Moving Fears

I'm so excited to get started on renovating our house. I think about it all the time and spend ridiculous amounts of time on the Internet learning how to do anything from refinishing floors to how to install a new ceiling fan to how to prep wood paneling for painting. I haven't had as much time to do that this week since I've been cleaning every nook and cranny of our apartment. I have found that using a magic eraser on the linoleum in my kitchen floor gets it the cleanest. We've also had a few people come by to check out the apartment to hopefully sublet it. When I explained to Alex who these people are, I got an unexpected response. He's been so excited to go and fix and move to the new house, but I don't think he put it together in his head that we would be leaving the apartment behind. Even after explaining that all his toys, bed, and clothes would be moved to the new house, he still says he's not leaving. I'm not huge on change so I can understand his hesitancy to change his environment. For now I'm trying to ease him into the idea.

No comments: