I was amazed when my Annie potty trained at 19 months. She wanted to be just like Alex and I guess the next logical step for that was starting to use the potty. The two weeks were great. She had very few accidents and kept her panties dry. The next few weeks she still did well. The next month she had started having a few more accidents and would have to change her panties a few times a day. The third month of her potty training was a disaster. She started have more accidents then successes and she didn't seem to be trying anymore. I tried everything... rewards and punishment and ignoring it all together. Nothing worked. She had more and more accidents. I was beside myself with frustration. I'm wondering how much of it is her young age and how much was because I was babysitting a baby who got much of my attention and Annie was regressing to be more of a baby again. Either way I've decided to put her back in diapers. I can either nag her about it all day long and cause unneeded stress on both of us or I can let her go back to being a baby and put her back in diapers. I'd prefer to just love her. Potty training didn't go completely to waste though. She still poops in the potty and when she feels like it she'll still pee. Maybe after the move is completed we'll try our hands at the potty again.
Friday, July 10, 2009
A Sad Day for the Lutz Family
I was amazed when my Annie potty trained at 19 months. She wanted to be just like Alex and I guess the next logical step for that was starting to use the potty. The two weeks were great. She had very few accidents and kept her panties dry. The next few weeks she still did well. The next month she had started having a few more accidents and would have to change her panties a few times a day. The third month of her potty training was a disaster. She started have more accidents then successes and she didn't seem to be trying anymore. I tried everything... rewards and punishment and ignoring it all together. Nothing worked. She had more and more accidents. I was beside myself with frustration. I'm wondering how much of it is her young age and how much was because I was babysitting a baby who got much of my attention and Annie was regressing to be more of a baby again. Either way I've decided to put her back in diapers. I can either nag her about it all day long and cause unneeded stress on both of us or I can let her go back to being a baby and put her back in diapers. I'd prefer to just love her. Potty training didn't go completely to waste though. She still poops in the potty and when she feels like it she'll still pee. Maybe after the move is completed we'll try our hands at the potty again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment