Thursday, August 27, 2009

Angels from Heaven

Do you ever get stuck in a mental box and get yourself stuck? I went to Sherwin Williams this morning to pick up special brushes to apply finish to the floors. I was still trying to figure out what we were going to do about getting the floors done and the smell and sleeping arrangements... Well, there was a painter at the store who asked my why I didn't just do the floors with water based finish instead of oil... well I stained with oil, don't I have to use oil polyurethane? Turns out the answer is NOPE! He got me the right finish and the right tools to apply it and even told the cashier to put it on his business account so I could get the contractor's discount. Today we applied two coats of finish and we'll do our final one tomorrow morning and the house will be ready to actually move into. I know oil finish tends to last longer then the water based stuff, but sometimes it's just not practical. In a year or two I can buff sand the floors again and just add another coat to make it pretty again. It's a huge relief that it will just be done and we can move on with other things.
The other angels in my life right now are the families that have watched my kids all week long. They've taken care of and entertained Annie and Alex for sometimes 10 hours at a time while I tried to get the house done. I couldn't have done any of it without them. So thank you so much Valery, Adele, Deanna, and Bonnie!

2 comments:

millerjk said...

Good news!!!

Bonnie said...

Can't wait to see it! Your kids are being angels BTW