Sunday, August 23, 2009

Public Speaking

Feel free to skip this blog. It's just the rantings and rumblings of a stressed out mommy.

Often at church you will hear people who are assigned to speak say, "I'm thankful for the chance to speak to you today." You will never hear such utter nonsense come out of my mouth. I'm assigned to speak at church today and nothing would make me happier then to suddenly get really sick or get run over by a bus or anything that would get me out of having to stand in front of a crowd of 300 and bore everyone to tears for the maybe 4 minutes I can stretch my talk out for. I'm not thankful. I don't want to get up. Whose idea was it anyway to ask people who are already stressed from moving to speak on their last day of church. Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning the bishop's inspired calling. I'm just mad and scared and I don't want to speak at all. It doesn't help that I don't feel like I can say anything that will be any worth to anyone. I haven't given a talk since May of 1997 at Seminary graduation so I'm a whole lot out of practice. With any luck I'll actually be able to say the whole thing without crying all the way through it. Not the "I'm feeling the spirit" tears, nope it wouldn't be that, it would be the "what in the world am I doing up here" kind. Here goes nothing.

4 comments:

millerjk said...

I am sure you did wonderful...but you haven't had to speak since 1997, I am jealous!

Traci said...

You'll do great. I always love hearing what you have to say.

I hope all the renovations are going well! I can't wait to see them next week.

THE GREEN MandMS said...

You did a great job

out numbered said...

You really did do wonderful.