I absolutely hate exercise. I don't mind walking with friends and calling it exercise, but anything else is out. I do love hard work. More specifically, manual labor. Today's big project was to take down the rotting old fascia and gutters and replace them. I didn't realize the work would involve a battle with two fist sized hornet's nests that were taking advantage of the opening in the attic. A bottle of hornet killer and I won that fight. Getting down the old wood wasn't too hard. Since the wood was in such bad shape it practically fell off as I hammered the crap out of it. We also found out that the bottom part of the fascia was made entirely out of a wood looking cardboard...not an ounce of real wood! That practically fell off as I smacked it.. All that was left for me to do was take the left over nails out. Next we put up new wood and insulation, and it looks gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Then all I need to do is prime and paint it and then put the gutters back up.
Shaun and I are both red necks from being in the sun all day, but really enjoyed the work. I can't say I'm not anxious to get to the projects that will actually make a big difference in the way my house looks, but these first ones are fun, too.
1 comment:
Hey Penny - We just found a hornet's nest in our front yard :( What did you use to kill them? Thanks girly!
Post a Comment