Friday, August 28, 2009

Tradition

Tomorrow will be mine and Shaun's third move together. I'd like to think that I'm totally together and plow through moving preparations but it's just not the case. I packed us all up and made all the arrangements as we moved from Provo to here and when we hit about West Virginia I had a nervous breakdown. I cried from West Virginia to Alexandria. I tend to cry as my default emotion when any emotion gets too big. Then two years later we moved a hole quarter of a mile and once again I got everything ready. I switched utilities and packed boxes, and on the day of the move I shut down and Shaun took over everything. Well, tomorrow we move again and I think I'm starting early cause I'm done. I still need to clean this apartment for the guys moving in, but I'm done. I've had all my energy invested in just getting the new house ready to move into that the minute we put down that last brush stroke on the floors, I was done. I'm tired and I just want to watch a few mindless movies and do nothing for the next week. Luckily unpacking is a whole lot more fun then packing and the projects we have planned for the house next week are fun and show great improvements when completed.
I'm going to lose my Internet for the next few days and I'm hoping to get my computer pack very soon, and when I do I promise to post pictures!

4 comments:

millerjk said...

I remember the move from one apartment to the next...I left John and took you away to get the oil changed in our car...by the time we got back they had moved everything (and didn't even drop the TV as you desired). Don't drop the TV this time either!
Hang in there!
Love you lots!
Can't wait to see pictures!

M & J Bowerbank said...

Goood Luck! I totally cry as my back up emoition too. I can see myself crying as we move to england. It is going to be one long plane ride. Cant wait to see some pictures.

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

Good luck! Hope things go smoothly (or at least that you have ice cream to smooth it over:) Can't wait to see pictures!

S. said...

I heard that your new house is awesome and that the work you and Shaun have done is beyond amazing. We miss seeing you in Alexandria. Best of luck with everything. Hope the move went well for you.

Also, Hi to the Millers. We hope you are doing well . . . wherever you are!

Granny Snow