Sunday, August 23, 2009

We Have a Deck!

I was so excited when my parents told me they would build me a deck as a house warming present. I don't think I would have fully appreciated how much work goes into building a simple little deck had I not watched it go up. I also helped to drag the impossibly heavy wood and concrete off the truck. My parents got slowed down a bit by all the stormy weather, but I was very impressed with how the project came out. As a bonus they even found a concrete landing sticking half way out of our yard. Using boards and rocks as levers my parents were able to move the 800 lb slab into the right place. I must say I was pretty dang impressed with that! Thanks Mom and Dad for all your hard work!

8 comments:

millerjk said...

Beautiful...it looks great!

millerjk said...

I forgot to mention...I LOVE the slide off the deck!!

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

Wow, it looks great! And I love the slide off the side. What a great idea! Now you just need a BBQ (or is that just a Texas thing?).

Bonnie said...

Holy Cow! That is amazing! I love it and the slide what a great touch.

V said...

Wow...your parents did such an amazing job. It looks so strong and perfectly straight and the slide just makes your home a magical place.

Marcy said...

That is AMAZING!!! The slide is the perfect touch!!

out numbered said...

Such talent. Your home will be so great when you are done. Such an exciting/exhausting time in your life!

daveandlisa said...

That is absolutely amazing! I am continually impressed with what you guys can do without hiring someone else to do it. Wow!