Friday, October 9, 2009
Afternoon Bath
Today I took a stab at digging my first post hole for a fence in the backyard. After stabbing the shovel into the ground and jumping on it only to get about a quarter cup of dirt up, I decided to try my mom's trick of getting the ground all wet and making the clay softer that way. I also discovered that water doesn't drain in clay so hours later the water was still on the surface. So I took a spade to the dirt, found some roots and used the reciprocating saw on those. Dug some more and sawed through a few more roots. After about two hours I got a nice 18 inch hole. The side effect of flinging all that, now mud, around was that the three of us were covered from head to toe in dirt and mud. It was coming up on nap time and rather then fill the whole tub up, they took a sink bath. Alex managed to get rehydrated too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love that your sink is perfectly sized for two little bodies.
Nice work on digging the first hole. Maybe the next ones will be easier...
That sink is awesome!! I want a sink big enough to hold two of my kids!! A sink big enough to hold one of my kids would be great!
John says to rent a post hole drill...
Kellie beat me to it...I was going to suggest buying some post hole diggers. They require a little more manual labor than the drill, but later when you want to plant big plants or a tree or something, they are convenient to have around.
That sounds like way too much work. I know how you feel though. I have spent the last 2 1/2 weeks in my backyard shoveling up rock and dirt so that we could finally plant grass. I despise the person who came up with the idea of using rocks and calling it a yard. Everyday me and my kids would come in the house and be dirty, sweaty, and stinky from working in the yard in the ridiculous hot AZ heat. Daily (and sometimes more often) showers were a must around here.
Post a Comment