Thursday, October 1, 2009
My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Morning
I got my first ticket this morning. My very first ticket. And what was the infraction reported as? Opening the Drivers side door. The car was parked and off and I opened my door. Now before you think that the DC Police are as big of idiots as I do, there is a story. I parked my car to visit the Russian Embassy and as I opened my door to get out, a biker came up my side, swerved to miss my door and in stopping flipped over her bike. She had a helmet on and from what we can tell she just had a shake up and a few scratches. However, we got a fire truck, ambulance, police car... the whole nine yards. The police took a report that included EVERYTHING... from my information down to the serial number on her bike to the birthdays of my kids. And I got a ticket for opening my door. It's not a huge ticket; it won't put points on my licence, but still, it made for a crappy morning. And now I have a fear that this girl will decide to make an easy buck and sue me as so many in this country seem inclined to do. I just have to pray that she's fine and won't take more action. And then the Russian Embassy wouldn't help me with the paperwork I brought, so my trip was kind of pointless! It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YUCKY!
I, too, had my first ticket EVER this year. I went through a yellow arrow following the car in front of me. In the officer's opinion, I should have stopped.
I am sure I had a better driving record than he did, I bet he was happy to be the one to mar it.
Sorry about your no good day.
oh, I so understand...yesterday was a terrible day for me too. I hit another car. A scratch that was wiped away, and yet the Maltese traffic warden was called and 2+ hours later finally showed up, nap missed, school missed, John late to work. We should have commiserated together. And she wants me to be responsible for scratches that I did not cause. Hopefully the insurance will be kind.
Sorry to hear that.
Sorry about your crappy day, but thanks so much for going to the embassy...It is MUCH appreciated... More than you know...Erica is so lucky to have such a good friend like you!
oh man, i'm so sorry. that's pretty awful
Post a Comment